The distinction between our school and the current public-school system is perhaps best summarized in the single word - philosophy. ODCA is founded on the Bible (the book of Truth) and adheres to a conservative, Christian, traditional philosophy of education. We hold that Christian education is a mandate from God for the Christian family (Deut. 6:6-9; Prov. 19:27; 22:6; Matt. 28:18-20; Eph. 6:4; Col. 2:8). Not only does the government school system in general not appreciate this Scriptural mandate, but views such with contempt. Recognizing that only a Christian education can provide the knowledge and wisdom necessary to prepare an individual for life, we believe that all teaching must harmonize with Truth (God and His Word Matt. 4:4; Jn. 1:1; 17:17; Rom. 3:4). Therefore, the Holy Bible is the core of our curriculum. We have chosen the King James Version of the Bible to be used and referenced throughout our Abeka curriculum and Bible classes. In order to be consistent, we strive to only use supplemental and promotional material that references the KJV. In the event that another version is referenced to in a video, book etc. our position will be to refer back to the KJV. It is the purpose of ODCA to train young people in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
● We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God (Ps. 119:89; Is.40:8; 2 Tim. 3:16).
● We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Deut. 6:4; Jn. 1:1; Acts 5:3,4).
● We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ (Is. 9:6; Jn. 1:1, 14; Col. 2:9; Titus 2:13), in His virgin birth (Is. 7:14; Matt. 1:21, 23), in His sinless life (2 Cor. 5:21; 1 Pet. 2:22), in His miracles (Jn, 2:11; 3:2), in His vicarious death through His shed Blood (2 Cor. 5:21; 1 Pet. 1:19), in His resurrection (Matt. 28:6; Rom. 10:9; 1 Cor. 15:17), in His Ascension to the right hand of the Father (Acts 1:9; Heb. 12:2), and in His personal return in power and Glory (Acts 1:11; Rev. 1:5-7; 19:11-16).
● We believe that all of mankind is initially spiritually lost, dead, and condemned as sinners by Almighty God (Rom. 3:10, 19, 23; Eph. 2:1), Who is both absolutely good and absolutely holy (Ps. 100:5; Is. 6:3). ● We believe all mankind is lost in sin (committed wrong; transgressed God’s Law). Only by confessing (asking God to forgive us of our wrongs or sin) and repenting (deciding through God’s Grace to live for Him) will we be saved. We must believe Jesus died for our sins, was resurrected, and lives now in heaven interceding for all mankind (Rom. 3:3; 3:23; 10:9, 10, 13).
● We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for the salvation of lost and sinful men (Jn. 3:3, 5).
● We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Rom. 8:26; 1 Cor. 6:19; Gal. 5:16).
● We believe in the resurrection of the saved and the lost: the lost unto the resurrection of damnation (hell) and the saved unto the resurrection of life eternal (heaven) (Mat. 25:46; Jn. 5:28, 29).
● We believe in the spiritual unity of the believers: those committed to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord (Ps. 133:1; Jn. 13:35; Eph. 4:3; Heb. 13:1).
● We believe that the term marriage has only one legitimate meaning, and that marriage is sanctioned by God, joining one man and one woman in a single, covenantal union as delineated by Scripture. Marriage ceremonies performed in any facility owned, leased, or rented by this church will be only those ceremonies sanctioned by God, joining one man with one woman (as their DNA was biologically determined at birth). Whenever there is a conflict between the church’s position and any new legal standard for marriage, the church’s statement of faith, doctrines, and biblical positions will govern. (Gen. 2:24; Eph. 5:22-23; Mark 10:6-9; 1 Cor. 7:1-9)
● We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of marriage as defined above. We believe that any other type of sexual activity, identity, or expression that lies outside of this definition of marriage, including those that are becoming more accepted in the culture and the courts, are contrary to God’s natural design and purpose for sexual activity. (Gen. 2:24; Gen. 19:5; Lev. 18:1- 30; Rom. 1:26-29; 1 Cor. 5:1; 6:9-10; 1 Thess. 4:1-8; Heb. 13:4)
● Our statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our faith. The Bible itself is the sole and final source of all that we believe. We do believe, however, that the statement of faith accurately represents the teachings of the Bible and therefore is binding upon all members, staff, and volunteers. All literature, whether print or electronic, used in the church shall be in complete agreement with the statement of faith. All activities permitted or performed in any facilities owned, rented, or leased by this church or engaged in by any member of the church staff (volunteer or paid) and all decisions of the administration of this church shall not conflict with the statement of faith. In all conflicts regarding interpretation of the statement of faith, the pastor and board, on behalf of the church, have the final authority.